The Baton Rouge Little Theater was officially organized in 1946. This organization built on a long legacy of community theaters in Baton Rouge dating back as far as 1916 when plays were presented at the Elk’s Theater on Third Street. Through the years the troupe had various names and homes including The Baton Rouge Civic Theater which worked out of the Harding Field Air Base. In the late 1960's the Theater moved to its current home on Florida Boulevard. In 2014 the Baton Rouge Little Theater officially changed thier name to Theatre Baton Rouge.